AMD introduced its first may graphics driver Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Its main innovations — support for shooter Rage 2 (the company promises when you use the driver performance increase up to 16 %) and the next major update of Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903). Also, the manufacturer added instruction trace for Radeon GPU Profiler 1.5.x.
Besides the advantages, there are obvious disadvantages in the form of support for low-level graphics API, Mantle, as well as eliminating AMD from the technology of switching between integrated and discrete graphics Enduro. For those who want to continue to enjoy the benefits of Mantle and Enduro, we can only rely on the old driver.
And fixed a lot of problems:
- the performance metrics in the overlay mode called periodic flickering when playing protected content;
- Doom hangs during startup on systems with AMD XConnect;
- driver installation fails on systems with AMD Radeon HD 7970;
- hovering video card series Radeon and Radeon RX 400 RX 500 hot connect displays 8K;
- Radeon VII did not apply videoprofile Radeon video playback;
- trouble connecting HTC Vive;
- the instability of the system when connecting a wireless display on laptop ASUS TUF Gaming FX505;
- dropping frames when you play back interlaced content in Windows DivX Movies & TV;
- higher frequency memory Radeon RX Vega idle on the desktop with multiple displays;
- the inability to select 10-bit color the Radeon settings when you connect a 4K monitor 60 Hz;
- the Enhanced mode Sync didn’t include FreeSync in games DirectX 9 from the first run;
- problems with the identification in the application AMD Link;
- flickering textures or artifacts when using the API, Vulkan and accelerators Radeon RX Vega.
The company’s engineers continue to work on correcting known problems:
- unavailable streaming Radeon ReLive and download videos and other content on Facebook;
- problems connecting a discrete GPU on a laptop ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 when idle;
- unresponsiveness in World War Z during extended play;
- the screen flicker on the systems with AMD Radeon VII when working with multiple displays;
- performance metrics and indicators Radeon WattMan in overlay mode show inaccurate fluctuations in the AMD Radeon VII;
- video HDR hangs or incorrectly reproduced in the Annex Movies and TV on some APU Ryzen.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1 can be downloaded in versions for 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows 10 as from the official AMD website, and from the settings menu Radeon. It is dated may 13 and is intended for graphics cards and integrated graphics family Radeon HD 7000 and above.